Friday, February 20, 2015

Why Are We Here?






School Children at Kyanja Primary School (VBS)
3I will praise You, Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to You among the nations. 4 For Your faithful love is higher than the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches the clouds. Psalms 108:3-4 (HCSB) 

Why Are We Here?

Why am I here?  What are we doing here?  How many times have you ask yourself this same question?  I don’t know how many times I have asked myself this question.  In fact, I believe that I would be wealthy if I had a dollar for all of the times that I have asked this question. 

Serving as missionaries in Uganda has called for many why questions.  Why do I have to contend with corrupt officers demanding a bribe or why must I pay a $100.00 fine when I've done nothing wrong?  Why must I struggle with learning a very difficult language?

 Why am I subjecting myself and family to being so far away from our families and friends, missing births, birthdays, holidays, family reunions and other special occasions?  We have a five month old grandson we have held in our hands.

When I think of these whys, I also wonder:  


School Children at Chiko Baptist School

  • Why,God would allow His Son Jesus to take my place on the cross and take on all my sin.  For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God….” 1 Peter 4:18.  
  • Why did Jesus give His life for us? “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life-a ransom for many." (Mark 4:25).  Or 
  • Why did Christ rise again for our justification? “…It will be credited to us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25He was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” Romans 4:24-25.

When I fathom the depths of Christ’s love for the world, I know exactly why I am here. So that a multitude from every language, people, tribe and nation knowing and worshiping our Lord Jesus Christ.  I envision a multitude from every island of Lake Victoria knowing and worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ.  And when I think of what Christ has done for me, my serving Him in Uganda is my reasonable service to my Savior.

Thank you for your prayerful support of our ministry in Uganda.  

________                                                                                                                                 

Some Pictures of our work on the islands...Enjoy


Discipleship Training at Kembo Baptist Church 

Approaching Island Village Landing Site 
Teaching Chronological Bible Storying (CBS) at Chiko Baptist Church

Ministry Leaders Meeting with Staff of Chiko Baptist School
Black Boards given to Chiko School (At Bottom)
Pastor Jeremian and Wife (Ziiru-Muto)

Pastor and Deacon Seinya